Thursday, January 29, 2015

Friday Favorites

Hey there! Happy Friday!! Yay for the weekend!

I've seen some friends and fellow bloggers join in on the #FridayFavorites fun, so I decided to take a plunge and join in on the fun as well! I enjoy reading other peoples' faves and get great ideas.




Here are some of my recent, or not so recent favorites...




Date Night Blog Questions

It's a rare, yet sweet occasion to have a date night to ourselves. We don't typically have an enjoyable "date night" evening when our conversation overflows with negativity or work-related topics, so we do what we can to avoid that. This usually involves random convo, but sometimes it's difficult to avoid the not-so-fun topics that might be dominating our thoughts. Thanks to Pinterest, we've found that these questions are a simple, fun solution! 

A couple of the blog questions we have used or started, but not yet finished:







Kelly Clarkson's "Heartbeat Song"



This song makes for a great jam session! I've always been a fan of Kelly Clarkson, but I'm a huge fan of the way she uses her baby's heartbeat as inspiration for song writing.




My Students' Blogs

Here are a few links to some that are pretty creative and it's giving other students ideas in writing. Sentence structure has gotten stronger, adding details is becoming easier, and the students are becoming better writers over all! I'm excited to see them grow through blogging and experience some excitement with the freedom they have received in (monitored) online writing.

Eloy's Awesome Blog

Brookelin's Amazing Thoughts

Trinity's Fantastic Blog


You can find the rest of their blogs HERE.




Coffee House Cafe



I was introduced to this place over the Christmas break with some friends I grew up with and it is AAAAAMAZING!!! Best coffee, food, and atmosphere! I will definitely be going back!




NBC's New Series "A to Z"



This show comes on Thursday evenings on NBC and it is adorably hilarious! The main characters make for a sweet couple who date while facing the everyday challenges that come with new/continuing relationships. The series is "a comprehensive account of their relationship from A to Z" with humor and your not-so-typical love story. 




Piko Shirts and Tunics



Shout out to one of my teammates, Shelbi, who told me how comfortable these tops are! I LOVE them!! They are simple. You can dress them down, or dress them up. I'm sure they can be found at many different stores, but I've had good luck with these at a boutique called Groovy's. Click HERE for their online store and boutique. Groovy's is definitely a recent favorite and they have cute, cute clothes!




Lavender Essential Oil

There are two things I use this oil for the most- detox baths and in my mascara.


The detox bath includes 2 cups of epsolm salt, 2 cups of baking soda, and 8 drops of lavender. I've used it for gifts and probably every other night for myself... It is the most relaxing resource that gets me through the week sometimes. It helps with sore muscles and gets all the bad toxins out of your body. Healthy, relaxing, and incredible!


I also love using the lavender oil to make my mascara last longer. It helps keep my eye lashes from clumping up too. 




This Book.



I started this book in the summer and I've read it over again a couple of times since then! It has/is changing my perspective and challenging me to guard my heart in productive/scripture referenced ways. I'm learning not to just value God's opinion the most, but how to allow scripture, truth, and the spirit to lead my thoughts and life. I've always allowed other people's opinion to shape who I am and that power shouldn't belong to anyone else. This book is teaching me how to change that. It's definitely a process.

Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend



Hope you enjoyed these Friday favorites. It was really hard to choose just a few... What can I say?? I just love the crap out of everything! It's a problem, but not one that I'm ready to get rid of. I think I broke the Friday Favorite's rules because you are only supposed to choose 5, right?? #oops

Happy Friday!

What are some of your Friday favorites??? I'd love to hear (read) about them!!


No comments:

Post a Comment