Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Life Lately..

Between getting 4th graders ready for the writing STAAR, keeping up with grad-school, seeking and finding a new church home, Tyler being out of town here and there, and well... just life... I must say, it's been a whirlwind of a month. There's been a lot to celebrate with pregnant friends, weddings, and upcoming showers. Being surrounded with these happy times are such a blessing to be a part of.

At the beginning of the month, we celebrated my sister-in-law's wedding...


They are such an adorable couple! SO enjoyed being a part of their special day!

 .. and we also celebrated my sister's 17th birthday.


It amazes me that she is 17!! I remember when she was in elementary school and we would have sister slumber parties!! We were two peas in a pod. Now, she's all grown up and about to be a senior in high school!! CrAzY!! Time just flies people!!



In between the beginning of the month and spring break... we had a SNOW DAY!! (And before this snow day, we had two others.) I heard someone say... "Old man winter confused the north and south this year"... and I like it, so I'm stealing it... BUT Texas weather is, seriously, SO erratic!!! Of course, I had to eat some of it and decided to have an afternoon "snow" latte on that wonderful day off of school.





We took a little vacay over spring break this year. Chicago, IL is a great city to visit! It was a great time with friends, site seeing, and eating fabulous food.








If you ever go to Chicago, I highly encourage going to "The Bean" and Willis Tower Sky Deck. These are two things that I'm thankful we were able to experience while we were there. There's so much to do, but these were my fave. Michigan street, known as the "Magnificent Mile," was pretty cool too. There's tons of shopping for the girls, but if you come from the city, then it might not be all it's glammed up to be for you.


Over the break, we also took a day trip to see Magnolia Market from the show "Fixer Upper" on HGTV! It was super-fab, but we didn't buy much since the prices were a little extravagant. 

I got to ride with these gems..


Took me back to those good 'ol college days! Missed them so much!

At their store..



Since spring break...or somewhere in between...

Christiana and Dustin's wedding-- happy happy couple!
Tyler spent a week in Nashville at a convention for his company.
Brunch, brunch, and more brunch because it's so rad
Membership class at our new church home
Semi-pro hockey game-- we've never been, it was pretty fun AND it was free for us!! What could be better than that??
A date night-- yessssss!

Like I said before.. so much to be grateful for this month as March comes to an end.



However.. Today....

****I'm relieved that writing STAAR has come and gone. Teachers.. I know you understand!!
It sure does feel good.. now- waiting for the scores to come back.. At the moment though, we have survived thus far!!



It's Holy Week! Easter is this Sunday, and for the first time, Tyler and I are reading through the events that take place the week before the resurrection. If you'd like to follow along, the events are in order at the bottom of this post.

As we are being reminded and challenged by Jesus' ministry, one of the events that took hold of me was when Jesus wept over Jerusalem. Although it seems like an insignificant event compared to everything that took place that week, the verses describe Jesus weeping over the city's lack of peace. There were even some Jews who desired to follow Jesus, but they were so petrified of the Pharisees that they did not speak up.... These verses captured my attention for several reasons.
  1. Jesus is weeping for all of us. 
  2. He is weeping for our hard hearts. 
  3. He is weeping as we continue to seek the approval of others.
  4. I am a slave to my sin just like the city of Jerusalem.
  5. I cannot find peace apart from the one true King.
Meditating on this reminds me of the glorious day that is coming... Sunday... and the someday when we will all stand before Him. It completely silences my heart, mind, attitude...



Here is the handout we received with the rest of the verses:





I hope you all enjoy the rest of your week and have a joyful day of celebrating Easter this weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment